Road Traffic Accidents & Accidents at Work

May 19, 2021

This article gives some brief pointers on practical steps you can take if you are in an accident.  

What to do if you have been in a road traffic accident

  1. Check that everyone involved in the accident is ok
  2. Call the guards
  3. Call an ambulance, if required
  4. Exchange insurance details, names, addresses and phone numbers
  5. Take photos of the scene
  6. Take the name(s) of any witnesses
  7. Take a note of what you remember happening
  8. Contact your insurance company
  9. Contact your solicitor if you need advice on sorting out the damage to your car or if you have injuries.

What to do if you have been in an accident at work

  1. Notify your supervisor and/or manager
  2. Attend your GP or obtain medical assistance on site, if available
  3. Fill in an accident report form
  4. Note any witnesses to the accident
  5. If possible, take pictures of the accident locus/area
  6. Speak to the HR Department if the investigation is ongoing
  7. Contact your solicitor to know your rights

Antoinette Cusack has over 15 years experience in the area of personal injury and employment litigation. Over that time, she has obtained substantial awards for her clients and achieved outcomes which have helped her clients move forward in their lives. 

Antoinette can be contacted on 061-303311 or email

Our Recent Posts

Limerick Start-up Weekend Sponsor

Martina Murphy Solicitors are proud to be nominated as official legal sponsors of Limerick Start-up Weekend 2015. This is a fantastic initiative to encourage and assist start-up businesses. We are thrilled to be able to do our bit to support our local community. Best...

read more

Martina Murphy Solicitors Standards Award

We are pleased to announce that Martina Murphy Solicitors has been awarded the prestigious Legal Quality Assurance Standard. Martina Murphy Solicitors is one of a few practices in the Munster region to have met and achieved this high standard. This award is given to...

read more

Changes to Family Law

Changes to Family Law: Unmarried fathers who have lived with the mother of their child for more than a year will have automatic guardianship rights under sweeping changes to Family Law. The landmark legislation will, for the first time, give unmarried fathers legal...

read more